Monday 23 March 2015

                                                                           
                                                                         Selma

Today as a class we as a year went to see a film in Liffey Valley called "Selma".
When we arrived we all went and bought popcorn and I got a drink of club orange. Then we all went into the cinema. I sat at the very top with all of my friends. Then the film started.

In the film there was a few scenes that I didn't like because it showed that white people didn't like black people because they were killing them, and the scenes were very graphic which I didn't like.  I liked it though because it shows that black people have a lot of courage to stand up against white people to fight for what they believe in and they wanted the same equal right as white people and I wouldn't blame them.

I went into the bathroom and my friend was there and she didn't really like the film so I was in there talking to her for a while. I was trying to convince her to come back in because I didn't want her to be outside for the whole amount of time. I told her to close her eyes when graphic scenes were gonna come up, I told her look at the ceiling or something, We afterwards went in together.

When went back into the film it was on the part where the black people were getting ready to March for their freedom.
I liked the ending of the film because black people got the same equal rights as white people. :)
The only thing that I didn't like was that years later Martin Luther King was killed :(


Image result for selma movie

No comments:

Post a Comment